Porteau Cove Provincial Park. Adjacent train songs are active and periodic noise disruption may possibly occur.
About It Park
Situated on the many fjord that is southerly the united states, Porteau Cove Provincial Park features waterfront campsites having a view over Howe Sound to your hills beyond.
A vintage ship happens to be sunk to present interest for scuba divers also to attract life that is marine. You can find unique facilities for divers.
Date Established: July 24, 1981 Park Size: 56 hectares (4 hectares of upland and 52 hectares of foreshore)
Know Prior To Going
Remain Secure And Safe
- Tide, weather and wind conditions can transform abruptly in Howe Sound. Be careful while swimming and boating in this area.
- Please make sure young ones are supervised while from the emergency ferry pier.
- Scuba divers aren’t allowed to make use of the motorboat launch.
- The BC Rail train track skirts the boundary regarding the park. Going into the park calls for crossing the train track. This might be a train that is controlled, be careful and obey all indications.
- You can find 2 low tide markers near the drifting dock that are not mooring buoys and mark really water that is shallow. Anchoring is prohibited inside the park boundary.
- Because of appeal and size of this campground, BC Parks has implemented a stay that is maximum of 7 evenings within the top season in this park (June 15 to Labour Day, comprehensive). Read More